As you may already know, the 34th annual TIFF (Toronto International Film Festival) is currently in progress. The festival runs from September 10th-19th and showcases the work of filmmakers from all over the world including many from the U.S. such as Matt Damon’s new movie The Informant! (Soderbergh, 2009), George Clooney’s The Men Who Stare at Goats (Heslov, 2009), Down For Life (Jacobs, 2009), Get Low (Schneider, 2009) which stars Bill Murray, Robert Duvall, and Sissy Spacek, The Invention of Lying (Gervais, 2009) with Ricky Gervais, Jason Bateman, Jennifer Garner, Jonah Hill, Tina Fey, and Rob Lowe, Jennifer’s Body (Kusama, 2009), The Joneses (Borte, 2009), and The Road (Hillcoat, 2009) based on Cormac McCarthy’s novel, starring Viggo Mortensen.
For the complete list of films being shown at the festival, click here.
Also, I have a few celebrity sightings to report, thanks to my very own personal source (my buddy is visiting our neighbors to the North and is lucky to be attending several screenings).
- Mr. Adam Brody and Ms. Amanda Seyfried (accompanied by BF Dominic Cooper) both arrived in Toronto after traveling via Air Canada (the red eye flight out of LAX).
- Gregory Smith (of Everwood fame) attended the opening night party for TIFF.
- Kat Dennings (from Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist) arrived at the InterContinental Hotel.
- Peter Sarsgaard was walking strutting around the InterContinental Hotel.
- Sam Neill (star of Jurassic Park) was spotted enjoying a lovely breakfast at the Four Seasons Friday morning. Later on, he arrived at the midnight premiere screening of his new movie, Daybreakers (Spierig, 2009), along with costar Willem Defoe.
- Both Peter Sarsgaard and Ben Lyons (film critic and frequent correspondent for E!) were also at the InterContinental Hotel, seen getting ready for press.
- Saturday night Cillian Murphy (aka pretty eyes from 28 Days Later) arrived back in LA and was spotted at the international baggage claim at LAX.
Stay tuned for more juicy celeb sighting... I'm sure they'll get juicier as the weekend progresses :-)