Friday, October 16, 2009

I see dead people too.

Wow.  I just got back from seeing Paranormal Activity (Peli, 2007).  I will be posting a review soon (probably tomorrow) but for now all I will say is yes it is fake, yes it is scary, but no, it is not the scariest movie I have ever seen.  So onto the horror movie list.  For my #17 pick I chose The Sixth Sense (Shyamalan, 1999).  This movie seemed to be all the rage back in '99 and has held its own as a great horror film even now.  With six Oscar nominations and an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, I am clearly not the only fan.  The movie stars Haley Joel Osment as Cole, a little boy who communicates with spirits that do not know they are dead and seeks the help of Dr. Malcolm Crowe (Bruce Willis), a disheartened child psychologist.

This movie still has one of the best surprise endings ever.  I mean did anyone see that coming, really?  And if you answer yes, I don't believe you.  Plus, it has a great child actor in it - and we all love horror movies with good creepy kids.  Even though Osment did not play the demon or the evil character, that kid was super good and kinda scary.  And his whole "I see dead people" thing was totally believable.  And everyone knows that line.  In fact, the line has become so recognizable that it was listed as #44 on AFI's list of 100 Greatest Movie Quotes.  If you haven't had the pleasure of viewing this film, or if you just need to see little Mischa Barton throwing up one more time... check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment