1. "Every Breath You Take" (The Police) - Ultimate stalker song hands down - and one of the best 80s tunes in general.
4. "Hungry Like the Wolf" (Duran Duran) - They are on the hunt down after you... oh, baby. Sounds like some serious stalking to me.
6. "Stalker" (Goldfinger) - This one doesn't even try to hide its creepy nature. It's straight-up called "Stalker." True dat. But this one is about a girl stalking him... and apparently he likes it. And wants to marry her? Just goes to prove that crazy girls who are off their rockers are hot.
8. "Private Eyes" (Hall and Oates) - My favorite 1980s pair sings a great song about a woman simply not being able to escape their peering eyes. Peer away boys, peer away... John Oates even rocked the stalker 'stache. Claissic!
9. "One Way or Another" (Blondie) - Guys aren't the only stalkers... ladies can get their creep on as well. And no one sounded like a better female stalker than Deborah Harry.
10. "Somebody's Watching Me" (Rockwell) - I love this song... unfortunately it was Rockwell's only major hit. It definitely exemplifies the stalker song... to a T.
11. "Two Steps Behind" (Def Leppard) - Before Enrique sang about some lady running but not being able to hide Def Leppard sang the same creepy lyrics. Hmmm... who came across as the bigger stalker?
12. "Infatuation" (Rod Stewart) - Romantic? Perhaps. He is singing about love I guess. But the whole "not being able to sleep" and obsessive quality of the lyrics is certainly borderline stalkerish.
13. "Invisible" (Clay Aiken) - What's a list of stalker songs wihtout the ultimate creeper song... And Claymates might have found him irresistible, but the rest of the population found him downright creepy. And what do you get when you take a creepy dude and give him creepy lyrics? The creepiest, hair-raising song ever.
Weird how most of these are 80s songs...
guess they were all just major creepers who weren't embarrassed to let their stalker flags fly.
What are you favorite stalkerish songs?