Sunday, September 6, 2009

Welcome!!

Welcome to Pop Culture Junkie! My name is Sarah and I am a 20 year old junior double majoring in Film Studies and Advertising at the University of Colorado in Boulder. As you can probably tell from the blog title, I love pop culture. I watch movies like it's my job (both new and old) and I love celebrity fashion and gossip... I definitely spend a bit too much time reading celebrity blogs and skimming the pages of trashy magazines. What can I say, I'm a total pop culture junkie - and I'm not ashamed to admit it.


As far as movies are concerned, I like a wide variety - dramas, comedies, documentaries, thrillers, action, horror... and there is a very special place in my heart for 80s teen pics (Breakfast Club, Sixteen Candles, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Teen Wolf, etc.) In all of my film classes professors always ask us to name our favorite movie, which is such a difficult question to answer. But I've decided to try to narrow it down to five favorite so here it goes (in no particular order):


1. Blow Up (Antonioni, 1966)
2. Roman Holiday (Wyler, 1953)
3. Labyrinth (Henson, 1986)
4. Drop Dead Fred (Jong, 1991)
5. North by Northwest (Hitchcock, 1959)


I realize this is kind of a random smorgasbord of films... Blow Up and North by Northwest are commonly considered "masterpieces," and many would argue that Roman Holiday is a "classic." But I'm not sure many would argue the same about Labyrinth or Drop Dead Fred (but really, they are fabulous and sooooo much fun to watch!)


And as far as celebrities go, I do indeed have my "favorites" but I'll read dirt on just about anyone :-)


So I hope that this blog will be fun to read. I plan on posting lots of good stories concerning news and events in the pop culture world - movie releases and productions, reviews of new releases, stuff about the box office, and celebrity fashion, scandals, and gossip.


Enjoy!
~ Miss Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment