Saturday, October 17, 2009

the lucky ones die first.

I can't believe I am already halfway through my list of favorite horror flicks.  This month is really flying by and  Halloween is fast approaching so hopefully you guys are thinking about costumes (if you haven't already picked one out) and have fun plans for October 31st.

Anyway, for #15 I picked The Hills Have Eyes (Aja, 2006).  This remake of Wes Craven's 1977 film is about a suburban family being stalked by a group of psychotic individuals living in the desert.  This movie is ridiculously sick, twisted, and violent.  Sounds fun, right?  But the extreme, in-your-face terror is what makes this film so good.  The filmmakers did not hold back at all.  It's just crazy non-stop horror from beginning to end.

"From complete dismemberment to extreme shotgun violence, Aja Co. not only pull out the stops on this one, they decimate them," stated Erin Meister of the Boston Globe.  And Randy Cordova of the Arizona Republic wrote, "The film has an unpredictable quality that keeps viewers unnerved."  Even the people who wrote bad reviews of the film never argued that it wasn't scary or brutal (some just don't like it for this reason).





So if you want to see a hardcore scary movie, this is something you should see.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love this movie! I don't care if it is a remake... I think that it is awesomely scary and super creepy. Definitely one of my favorites... even if it is very disturbing. Good pick :)

    ReplyDelete