Wednesday, October 7, 2009

get some sleep.

#25 on my list of horror films is Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Kaufman, 1978).  This was actually a remake of a 1956 film (with the same name) directed by Don Siegel.  In 2007 The Invasion (Hirschbiegel) was released... yet another remake.  I've seen all three of these films and I personally favor the 1978 version (I'd also recommend the 1956 one, but would suggest staying away from the newest version).  The film, starring Donald Sutherland, is about a group of people in San Francisco who discover that the human race is being replaced one by one with clones devoid of any emotion.  This sci-fi, mystery, horror is at a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes... so I am clearly not the only fan.  This film is well-acted (a rarity for many horror films) and is just super creepy and speaks to society's increasing sense of paranoia.




No comments:

Post a Comment